Hertfordshire Gardens Trust
Registered Charity 1010093
For over 20 years the HGT has been actively involved in researching historic landscapes in Hertfordshire, protecting them for future generations to enjoy and, through our education work, encouraging children and schools to get involved with horticulture. We also run a popular programme of outings, lectures and fundraising events for members. Please read more of what we do on this website.
The Trust's new Constitution, adopted on July 16, 2013, is available as a downloadable file click here to download
- 2015 Spring Newsletter available for download. Go to Join Us page.
- 2015 Mrs Wheelbarrow Grant now launched. Go to Schools page for details.
- Three Garden Outings in June and July. Go to Events page.
- Parks and Gardens in the Tudor and early Stuart period. Tuesday mornings from 2nd June to 7th July. Go to Events page.
- Hertfordshire Gardens Trust 2015 AGM. Wednesday 8th July at "Pie Corner". Go to Events page for details.
- Garden Museum Literary Festival at Hatfield House on 3rd and 4th October. Go to Events page for details.
Researching into the county’s historic parks and gardens to build
comprehensive records for use at county and national level
Working with schools to develop and sustain their grounds for
enjoyment and as a resource for the curriculum
Working with English Heritage and the Garden History Society to
protect and preserve Hertfordshire's landscape heritage
Providing an annual programme of events, lectures and
visits for Gardens Trust members and their friends
From the President:
“Our new Chairman has not let the grass grow under her feet and under her leadership this has been another productive year for the Hertfordshire Gardens Trust.
There is plenty of activity in all departments which is impressive. The Hertfordshire Gardens Trust provides interesting opportunities for its members and I do encourage you to bring your friends along to see what is going on as there is something of interest for everyone. It would be an advantage to widen the circle of membership."