Hertfordshire Gardens Trust
Registered Charity 1010093
This is the HGT's 25th Anniversary year. Since its foundation the Trust has been actively involved in researching historic landscapes in Hertfordshire, protecting them for future generations to enjoy and, through our education work, encouraging children and schools to get involved with horticulture. We also run a popular programme of outings, lectures and fundraising events for members. Please read more of what we do on this website.
- PANSHANGER PARK needs YOU! - Stop Tarmac Destroying Repton's Broadwater. Please Act Now. For information on this important issue download full explanation with illustrations Here. See also "Friends of Panshanger" website Friends.
- 2016 Autumn Newsletter - available for download. Go to Events and Outings page.
- Bridge Day and Lunch at Kinsbourne Green on Wednesday 15th March, 2017. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- Conference "Not in my Back Yard?" at Hatfield House on Saturday April 22nd, 2017. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- Study Day at Hertingfordbury with Friends of Panshanger Park on Tuesday May 2nd, 2017. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- An afternoon with Friends of Jellicoe Water Gardens on Friday June 9th, 2017. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- Hertfordshire Landscape Parks - Ten walks devised to celebrate the Tercentenary of Lancelot Brown. Go to Events and Outings page to download information and maps.
- The State of our Public Parks. A report commissioned by The Gardens Trust written by Katy Layton-Jones with the assistance of others including Kate Harwood of HGT. Please download a copy Here.
Researching into the county’s historic parks and gardens to build
comprehensive records for use at county and national level
Working with schools to develop and sustain their grounds for
enjoyment and as a resource for the curriculum
Working with The Gardens Trust and Historic England to
protect and preserve Hertfordshire's landscape heritage
Providing an annual programme of events, lectures and
visits for Gardens Trust members and their friends
From the President:
“This year is one of celebration. ‘Capability’ Brown’s 300th anniversary has been long awaited and all the planned events and walks will bring to life these Hertfordshire landscapes on our doorstep. The special newsletter sets the scene for this brilliantly.
It is also the 25th anniversary year of the Hertfordshire Gardens Trust and it is a tribute to the founder and all the members that so much has been done over the years in all the areas we work.
Congratulations on another busy year, and on the many achievements and innovations across the Trust. I very much look forward to celebrating our progress over 25 years at the Annual General Meeting in July."