Hertfordshire Gardens Trust
Registered Charity 1010093
This is the HGT's 25th Anniversary year. Since its foundation the Trust has been actively involved in researching historic landscapes in Hertfordshire, protecting them for future generations to enjoy and, through our education work, encouraging children and schools to get involved with horticulture. We also run a popular programme of outings, lectures and fundraising events for members. Please read more of what we do on this website.
- 2016 Spring Newsletter - The 'Capability' Brown Festival Edition - available for download. Go to Events and Outings page.
- 2016 - Hertfordshire Gardens Trust Celebrates "Capability" Brown's Tercentenary: CB300. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- Garden visits to Rutland, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk in June and July. Go to Events and Outings page for details.
- Hertfordshire Gardens Trust AGM 2016. This year's AGM was held on Thursday, 14th July at "Youngsbury". Go to Events and Outings page for further details.
- Capability Brown from an Artist's Perspective. A lecture by Tim Scott Bolton on Tuesday 25th October. Go to Events and Outings page for further information.
- Hertfordshire Landscape Parks - Ten walks devised to celebrate the Tercentenary of Lancelot Brown. Go to Events and Outings page to download information and maps.
- Formation of The Gardens Trust - the merger of The Garden History Society (GHS) and The Association of Garden Trusts (AGT) took place on 24th July, 2015. The Gardens Trust website address is http://www.thegardenstrust.org/index.html
Researching into the county’s historic parks and gardens to build
comprehensive records for use at county and national level
Working with schools to develop and sustain their grounds for
enjoyment and as a resource for the curriculum
Working with The Gardens Trust and Historic England to
protect and preserve Hertfordshire's landscape heritage
Providing an annual programme of events, lectures and
visits for Gardens Trust members and their friends
From the President:
“This year is one of celebration. ‘Capability’ Brown’s 300th anniversary has been long awaited and all the planned events and walks will bring to life these Hertfordshire landscapes on our doorstep. The special newsletter sets the scene for this brilliantly.
It is also the 25th anniversary year of the Hertfordshire Gardens Trust and it is a tribute to the founder and all the members that so much has been done over the years in all the areas we work.
Congratulations on another busy year, and on the many achievements and innovations across the Trust. I very much look forward to celebrating our progress over 25 years at the Annual General Meeting in July."