Hertfordshire Gardens Trust
Registered Charity 1010093
For over 20 years the HGT has been actively involved in researching historic landscapes in Hertfordshire, protecting them for future generations to enjoy and, through our education work, encouraging children and schools to get involved with horticulture. We also run a popular programme of outings, lectures and fundraising events for members. Please read more of what we do on this website.
The Trust's new Constitution, adopted on July 16, 2013, is available as a downloadable file click here to download
- 2014 Financial Statements available for download. Go to Events page.
- Bridgeman rond-point restored in Tring Park. Go to Research page.
- HGT Chiswick House outing on 11 September - last few places. Go to Events page.
- Moore Rodin exhibition at Compton Verney runs to 31/8/14. See Events page.
- Luton Hoo Walled Garden open Wednesdays until 24/9/14. See Events page.
- Study day at Hagley Hall, Worcestershire on 1 October, 2014. See Events page.
Researching into the county’s historic parks and gardens to build
comprehensive records for use at county and national level
Working with schools to develop and sustain their grounds for
enjoyment and as a resource for the curriculum
Working with English Heritage and the Garden History Society to
protect and preserve Hertfordshire's landscape heritage
Providing an annual programme of events, lectures and
visits for Gardens Trust members and their friends
From the President:
“This year has been one of smooth transition as one Chairman retires and another steps into his shoes. Christopher Melluish has been an exemplary Chairman and although it was sad to see him relinquish the post, it is exciting to witness Bella Stuart-Smith hit the deck running. Her schools team have made a break through by successfully organising a training session for teachers. This means their valuable work will reach more children than ever before.
There is plenty of activity within the thriving HGT: the section leaders within the Trust have been as active as ever; a full range of events and outings is planned throughout 2014; and looking ahead, HGT is planning its celebration for the Capability Brown tercentenary in 2016.”